Dining with Diabetes Class Series
March 2 @ 11:00 am - March 23 @ 2:00 pm$20.00
Colorado State University Extension is offering a new program discounted rate of $20.00 for entire 4 week series (Usually $60.00): Dining with Diabetes Class Series meeting March 2, 9, 16, 23.
What is Dining with Diabetes?
Dining with Diabetes is a Colorado State University Research and Extension health and wellness program that consist of a series of four in-person classes that includes general diabetes information, eating plans for diabetes and how to prepare healthy foods. The program’s focus is to help individuals learn strategies to lessen the health risks of diabetes.
The program is a series of four 2-hour classes that are held once a week. Classes consist of presentations on healthful food choices, tasty and healthy familiar foods, diabetic eating plans and cooking techniques using artificial sweeteners, reduced-fat foods, herbs, and spices.
You will receive
- All class handouts and folder
- Cooking utensils at every class
- Taste a new recipe in every class
- Diabetic Cookbook
- Increase knowledge about healthy foods
- Present healthy versions of familiar foods and taste testing of recipes
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques
- Provide basic information regarding diabetes and nutrition
- Provide opportunities for sharing and learning from one another
Who can participate?
The program is designed for people with diabetes and their family members, caregivers, and support persons.
SPACES are limited!!!
Please register each person separately for the class series.
Additional classes visit: https://epcextension.eventbrite.com/
Colorado State University Extension is an equal opportunity provider: https://col.st/OWMJA
Colorado State University Extension es un proveedor que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. https://col.st/0WMJA