Using Your Brain to Win in Today's Hyper Paced World: Living & Thriving at The Pace of Change with Holly Green
Using Your Brain to Win in Today's Hyper Paced World: Living & Thriving at The Pace of Change Your brain is your most powerful competitive weapon –ifyou know how to use it properly. Unfortunately, the human brain was not set up to work effectively at the pace we are expected to move today. This causes interesting and sometimes harmful behaviors at work.To become more effective leaders, we need a much deeper understanding of how our brain works at work and how it often gets in the way of winning. Leveraging the latest in neuroscience, you’ll get tools, techniques and tips for increasing your effectiveness as a leader and rebuilding resilience in yourself and others. Objectives: 1. How to leverage your brain and the brains of others every day at work 2. How to focus yourself and your team on winning to achieve desired results 3. How to maintain/rebuild resilience in ourselves and others in constant change 4. How to remain focused and energized on achieving desired results Timed Outline: Segment/timing Content focus Interactive activities/ application (spread throughout each segment) 9:00 to 10:30 The basics of your brain Brain facts Understanding how & why we think the way we do at work (ladder of inference) -what leads adult humans to their behaviors Proving ourselves right How do we unlearn & why is it critical Thinking about what we are thinking about Game Audience input/response Audience input/response Small group interactions/ worksheet 10:45 to 12:15 Change & our brains today Responses to unexpected vs understood change The factors of becoming resilient o Positive o Focused o Flexible Audience input/response Change perspective games (3) – audience input/responses Choices exercise (small groups) Language prompts (small groups) The law of clear targets (brain game w/partners) Destination modeling (individual exercise) Nine dot (individual brain game) 1:00 to 2:30 Change & our brains today (cont’d) o Proactive o Organized Resiliency self-assessment Feed forward The invisible gorilla video & brain game – audience input Anamorphic perspective videos Phases of the moon (individual brain game) Individual self-assessment w/audience key learnings input Partners exercise & worksheets About Holly Green Holly is an experienced business leader and behavioral scientist. She has extensive academic training and in-the-trenches experience working in and leading organizations. She has worked with Navy SEALs, Olympic athletes, and two United States Presidents. Holly is the former president of The Ken Blanchard Company, and co-founder of a biotech firm. She has worked in senior leadership roles with The Coca Cola Company, Dell Computer, and Bass Hotels & Resorts. Holly has degrees in behavioral sciences and organization development. Her postgraduate studies are in neurophysiology. She is a best-selling author of numerous books including Using Your Brain to Win.
5345 Landmark Place
Village, AR 71753
More Event Ideas
- More Networking and Meetups Events
- Independent Contractor or Employee? Tailoring Your Contracts to Avoid Misclassification - New rules of thumb in worker at 26468 E Walker Dr, Aurora, Colorado 80016-6104Thursday, Apr 2, 1:00 PM
- Simplify data sorting, filtering and analysis using Excel Tables at 26468 E Walker Dr, Aurora, Colorado 80016-6104Thursday, Apr 2, 1:00 PM
- Teams working remotely during pandemic? Expert tips on managing them at 26468 E Walker Dr, Aurora, Colorado 80016-6104Wednesday, Apr 1, 1:00 PM
- More Events at The Curtis Ballroom at the Landmark
- An Insider’s Look at Money and Capital: Leveraging All Your Resources into Powerful and Profitable Outcomes with Joel at The Curtis Ballroom at the LandmarkTuesday, Apr 7, 9:00 AM
- The Force Multiplier: How Contributors Can Transform Into Leaders of Winning Teams with Tony Chatman at The Curtis Ballroom at the LandmarkTuesday, Sep 15, 9:00 AM
- Stepping Up to Supervision: How to Increase Your Influence with Others with Jan Dwyer Bang at The Curtis Ballroom at the LandmarkTuesday, Jun 9, 9:00 AM
- More Events on August 13, 2020
- Thursday, Aug 13, 7:30 PM
- Thursday, Aug 13, 6:00 PM
- Thursday, Aug 13, 12:30 PM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.