Lessons from COVID-19 – Raising and Sustaining Employee Engagement Before, During, and After a Crisis
As the COVID-19 crisis rapidly intensified, some organizations were able to turn on a dime and respond with astonishing speed to the extraordinary demands for very highly specialized supplies and services, such as respirators, testing kits, and the like. At the same time, others stood on the sidelines, helplessly watching as their employees were furloughed en masse. What was the difference? The organizations which were able to rise to the occasion tended to exhibit high levels of employee engagement. On the other end of the spectrum was organizations with employees that were so disengaged they actually relished the idea of getting paid to stay at home and do nothing.
In this webinar, you’ll learn how to improve employee engagement and keep your employees fully engaged during good times and bad. Looking at how organizations responded during the recent COVID-19 pandemic and similar events in the past, certain qualities stand out. Organizations with the highest engagement levels are able to more effectively:
1) anticipate and plan for problems long before they actually occur;
2) create and maintain a more agile work environment through close, open communication and knowledge-sharing;
3) become more resilient and able to rebound more quickly and emerge from a crisis even stronger than before.
The good news is that there are simple, proven steps you can take to permanently incorporate these traits into your organization’s DNA.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Resistance to increased employee engagement occurs on both sides. Employees remain disengaged because they fear reprisals if they speak their mind openly and honestly, or they see others getting credit for their ideas and suggestions. Employers, on the other hand, often see highly engaged employees as a threat to their position.
Both barriers put your organization at risk in a variety of ways. One is through sub-par performance when things are going well, and in which valuable resources become underutilized and even wasted. Another is a high likelihood of accruing serious losses or even having to completely shut down during a crisis.
The upside potential of an engaged workforce is equally significant. Feeling that their needs and concerns are being met, they feel energized, and are ready to contribute, going the extra mile. The result is an organization that is willing to meet even the greatest challenges and opportunities head-on, in good times and bad. Long-term benefits include: increased employee attraction, engagement, satisfaction, and retention; increased innovation through the generation of new ideas, especially at the working level; a highly favorable reputation in the eyes of the general public, and the increased revenues, profits, customer satisfaction, and market share it brings.
The employee engagement strategies and other insights you’ll receive in this webinar are based on decades of university-level research, including the results of several regional resilience initiatives.
You will learn a variety of techniques and approaches for getting and keeping your employees fully engaged before, during, and after a crisis:
Before the crisis (foresight):
• It isn’t just plagues and pestilence – disruption comes in many different ways for which you always need to be on the alert
• Understanding the dangers of trying to predict future events, and the power of foresight
• Tapping the brainpower of your workforce to plan for the many exciting challenges and opportunities that might lie ahead
During the crisis (agility):
• How agile methods can lead to a fully engaged workforce able to sense, respond, and rapidly adapt to changes on-the-fly
• Transforming how your workforce communicates by introducing a radically new approach in which full transparency replaces reporting, and the free flow of data reduces the need for narrative
• How to overcome the fear of, and even embrace,
Cost: Live Session for one participant $159 Corporate Live Session Group – Max 10 Participants from one location. $449 Recorded Session Get unlimited access to the link for six months $199 Training DVD or USB Flash Drive MP3 files, PDF presentation and reference manual will be delivered on a CD $379 Super Combo Offer 1 Live and Recorded webinar $299 Super Combo Offer 2 Live and Training CD $429
26468 E Walker Dr, Aurora, Colorado 80016
Aurora, CO 80016
More Event Ideas
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.