DecisioNinjas: Building Tomorrow's Generation of Workplace Problem Solvers with Bob Wendover
DecisioNinjas: Building Tomorrow's Generation of Workplace Problem Solvers Is today’s critical thinking gap impacting profits and aggravating your heartburn? According to the Council for Aid to Education, 40% of college seniors lack the complex reasoning skills to manage white-collar work. DecisioNinjas! Building Tomorrow’s Generation of Workplace Problem Solvers teaches you how to turn those you supervise into contributors who think fast, act decisively and inspire others to do the same. This session reveals the eight attributes top-notch decision-makers share in every workplace. Learn how to compel those around you to embrace these attributes in their daily problem solving. Objectives: How to drive immediate improvement in daily decision-making. How to manage the emotional discomfort encountered while making any decision of consequence. How to eliminate the fear of making decisions in your workplace. (Yes, it’s there.) How to make decision-making an essential focus of talent selection. How to improve decision-making through scaffolded learning. Timed Outline: 9:00 to 10:30 The state of today’s workplace decision-making and its impact on productivity and profits. Identifying the influences that impede today’s problem solving (technology, education, culture, etc.). Managing the on-going evolution of decision-making in your workplace (exercise). Managing discomfort, state of mind and intuition when making decisions. 10:45 to 12:15 Session #1 learning recap Who’s the best decision-maker you know? (application). Introducing the attributes of a DecisioNinja™ The DecisioNinja™ Self-Evaluation (application). A deeper dive into decision-making approaches. 1:00 to 2:30 Session #2 learning recap. Compelling better decisions (dealing with safe decision syndrome). Using “think-alouds” to improve decision-making. Making decision-making the focus of talent selection (application). Embracing situational context (application, time permitting). Wrap/resource distribution/take-aways/evaluation. About Bob Wendover, CSP Bob Wendover is the author of ten books and has been writing about workforce trends for more than 30 years. He has written or contributed to more than 300 articles for a variety of national publications. Since 1988, he has conducted more than 1500 speaking engagements from the towers of Wall Street to the bush of Alaska. His clients have included Citigroup, Deutsche Bank, IBM, KPMG, Discover Card, Kaiser Permanente, Chevron, CITGO, Searle Pharmaceuticals, Ace Hardware, Major League Baseball, and a host of other household names, associations, and government agencies.
5345 Landmark Place
Village, AR 71753
More Event Ideas
- More Networking and Meetups Events
- Basics of Accounting and Finance - Enhance Your Abilities and Contribution as an HR Professional at 26468 E Walker Dr, Aurora, Colorado 80016-6104Wednesday, Apr 1, 1:00 PM
- How to Deal with Tricky Employee Absenteeism Issues: Reviewing Policies and Regulations at 26468 E Walker Dr, Aurora, Colorado 80016-6104Thursday, Apr 2, 1:00 PM
- Building Resilience at Work: How to Harness Your Energy to Live a Stress-Free and Vibrant Life at 26468 E Walker Dr, Aurora, Colorado 80016-6104Tuesday, Apr 7, 1:00 PM
- More Events at The Curtis Ballroom at the Landmark
- An Insider’s Look at Money and Capital: Leveraging All Your Resources into Powerful and Profitable Outcomes with Joel at The Curtis Ballroom at the LandmarkTuesday, Apr 7, 9:00 AM
- The Force Multiplier: How Contributors Can Transform Into Leaders of Winning Teams with Tony Chatman at The Curtis Ballroom at the LandmarkTuesday, Sep 15, 9:00 AM
- Using Your Brain to Win in Today's Hyper Paced World: Living & Thriving at The Pace of Change with Holly Green at The Curtis Ballroom at the LandmarkThursday, Aug 13, 9:00 AM
- More Events on May 7, 2020
- Thursday, May 7, 5:00 PM
- Thursday, May 7, 7:00 PM
- UnitedHealth Group Inside Sales Virtual Job Fair - Colorado Springs, Green Bay, Phoenix, Roanoke, Miami at Virtual Online EventThursday, May 7, 11:00 AM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.