Dealing with Highly Sensitive Employees: Communication Techniques and Strategies
Today’s work force consists of people from all over the world, with many different cultures and ways to communicate. What might seem Ok in one culture might be highly offensive, or even frightening in another. We need to find the balance between honest and sometimes critical communication with the recognition that what we mean mildly might be received as extremely harsh.
This problem is compounded by the conflicting values of constructive criticism and micro-aggression — needing safe places. Some people have been raised as “hot house flowers” unaccustomed to criticism from parents or teachers. Yet, the leadership and management today is being taught the importance of encouraging critical and often divergent points of view.
In this webinar we will share examples of how these differences manifest themselves and offer suggestions for how managers can find a balance. Tips for recognizing when they are dealing with people who are reacting personally and suggestions for modulating their tone, body language and even the words they select will enhance
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
After attending this webinar you will be able to:
• Better understand that people receive information differently based on their past experiences and cultural training.
• Recognize when words, body-language or actions are hurting or scaring someone.
• Define steps for modifying your approach for effectively communicating with employees so that you can get better results.
• Explain to others why and how they should modify their behaviors to get better results from those who are more sensitive than them.
• Help create an environment that is positive, reinforcing and productive for all in your organization by listening actively and effectively, understanding emotions, and speaking responsively.
• Dealing with people from different cultures — ways and styles of communicating
• Some reasons why people are “sensitive”
• Reasonable person standard
• Examples of how differences manifest themselves
• Suggestions for management to find balance
• Enhance management’s ability to work effectively with this very diverse workforce
While dealing with sensitive employees you need to take their concerns and sensitivities seriously and learn how to communicate with them in non-threatening ways. People from different cultures/backgrounds respond differently to the same words. Tone of voice and body language are also crucially important. You will learn how to manage highly emotional employees and the techniques for understanding emotions and speaking responsively.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
This workshop is appropriate for all levels of leadership and management in an organization of any size.
Use Promo Code MKT10N and get flat 10% discount on all purchases
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494
Cost: Live Session for one participant $159 Corporate Live Session Group – Max 10 Participants from one location. $449 Recorded Session Get unlimited access to the link for six months $199 Training DVD or USB Flash Drive MP3 files, PDF presentation and reference manual will be delivered on a CD $379 Super Combo Offer 1 Live and Recorded webinar $289 Super Combo Offer 2 Live and Training CD $429
26468 E Walker Dr, Aurora, Colorado 80016-6104
Aurora, CO 80016
More Event Ideas
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.