2019 Colorado Springs Marathon presented by Centura Orthopedics
The Colorado Springs Marathon presented by Centura Orthopedics, is a community running event that features a full marathon, half marathon, and 5k, beginning & ending at Acacia Park in downtown Colorado Springs. The course will showcase the city of Colorado Springs by taking runners on Wood Ave, Cascade Ave, Pikes Peak Ave, through America the Beautiful Park, Monument Valley Park, around Memorial Park, by the Veterans and Fallen Fire Fighter memorials & through downtown. This family friendly race is a premiere endurance running event, attracting people from 38 different states. Start Times7:00am: Full and Half Marathons7:05am: 5K10:45am: Kids K Packet Pick UpPacket Pickup will be held on Friday, September 27 from 11pm to 7pm, Location TBD. CourseFull and Half Marathons: Beginning and ending at the Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum, the half marathon will head east on Pikes Peak Ave, pass by the Fallen Fire Fighter memorial into Memorial Park, past the Velodrome, around Prospect Lake, and back towards downtown on Pikes Peak. Runners will then drop into America the Beautiful Park. From there the route will head north on the Greenway Trail through Monument Valley Park. The Greenway Trail is approximately 15 feet wide, cement for the first mile and hard pack pea gravel for the next two miles. The route runs the length of Monument Valley Park and enters the historic Old North End neighborhood, winding along Wood Ave, down Cascade Ave, and through Colorado College before a fast finish down Colorado and Vermijo. The full marathon will follow the route describe above but will travel further north along the Greenway Trail, approximately 6.5 miles before turning back around.5K: The 5K will start 5 minutes following the start of the full and half marathons. The 5K route will also travel east on Pikes Peak before turning around and heading to America the Beautiful Park with a fast finish on Colorado and Vermijo Even with a start time 5 minutes after the half marathon start, 5K runners should be back to the Pioneers Museum in time to cheer on family and friends while they finish their full and half marathon distances.T-shirts/MedalsAll participants will receive a technical t-shirt and finisher medal.For more information including course maps, please visit www.thecoloradospringsmarathon.com.
221 E. Kiowa St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
More Event Ideas
- More Nature Events
- 4th Annual Steers & Beers Whiskey and Beer Festival at The Antlers, A Wyndham Hotel Colorado SpringsSaturday, Aug 17, 4:00 PM
- 2019 Colorado Springs Marathon, Half, 5K, and Kids K Volunteer Registration at Colorado Springs City AuditoriumSaturday, Sep 28, 4:30 AM
- Saturday, Sep 14, 8:30 AM
- More Events at Colorado Springs City Auditorium
- Saturday, Aug 17, 7:00 PM
- Friday, Dec 6, 5:45 PM
- Tuesday, Dec 10, 12:00 PM
- More Events on September 28, 2019
- COLORADO SPRINGS, CO: ServSafe® Food Manager Certification Training + Exam at ATC FOOD SAFETY - Colorado SpringsSaturday, Sep 28, 10:00 AM
- The Original Colorado Springs Food Tour | Rocky Mountain Food Tours at Colorado Springs Fine Arts CenterSaturday, Sep 28, 2:00 PM
- Saturday, Sep 28, 12:00 AM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.